Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Balut - egg with Duck Fetuses eating contest

baluteatingcontest.jpg
aleginowayne
We reported a couple of weeks ago that the Filipino restaurant Maharlika would be holding a duck-fetus-eating contest. The delicacy is called "balut," and the title of New York City's balut-eating champion has been clinched by Wayne Aleginio, who ate 18 of the fetuses. Yes, you read that right: 18 duck fetuses. The best part? This guy did it in five minutes, and he had never even eaten a balut before.

"This contest was my first experience with balut, and I didn't really get the full taste of it because I was just shoving it into my mouth and eating it as fast as possible," he told GMA News. "I did not have a tummy ache afterwards; actually, I was still hungry."

No comments:

Post a Comment